Progress! Follow along at home!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Well, now guess who's sick?

Well, I'm feeling a little bit better, but my cough is nagging. no nap today, I toughed it out. I really was feeling like shit, ever since Wednesday. well, it was bound to happen. I wasn't sleeping well, my immune system was probably low and shazam, I got sick.

I went to bed about 40 minutes ago and now the little one is a little wheezy while he's sleeping. I gave him some cough medicine and we're giving it 20 minutes of so to kick in before we consider taking the sprout to the ER.

I'm up for the 20 minutes.

I hate being sick over a nice 4 day weekend only to be well enough to go back to work on Monday. So much for my glorious plans of working out like a carthorse this weekend. On the other hand, I didn't eat a whole lot, so maybe it'll all balance out. My 5 pound goal is probably completely shot to hell though. Ah well.

I'm hoping we do not have to take him to the ER because, quite frankly, the ER blows. We had to do it once before when he really had the croupy cough one night and they said it would help to take him outside as the cold air should help. We put the air conditioner on in the bedroom. Yes, you read that right. My guess is that ought to help. He's actually sleeping so I hate to think about taking him out in the crap weather we're having if we don't have to, you know.

Well, time is up. I'm gonna go check on the boy.

No comments: