Progress! Follow along at home!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oooo! This is so going in my blog!

Business first:

We had our busiest day ever here at the Sporty by Forty ranch last Thursday with a whopping 15 unique visitors. Why Thursday, I wonder?
I’ve been trying to make sure I put tags in the tag are for my blogs, but I am spotty at best.

One of these days I am going to update all tagless entries.

Now, on to the topic at hand:

One of the drawbacks to people knowing you have a blog about trying to get healthy is, when they see you eating something that is obviously unhealthy they invariably go “so, are you going to put in your blog that you ate all those chips/cookies/etc?” This happened at my niece’s birthday party this past Sunday.

Now, I know when I go to things like this, that it is futile to try and stick to any sort of strict eating rules. You have to plan ahead for this type of thing. I try my best, but, like any other social animal I graze in groups. So, when my mother in law busted out the chips and dip I took a small plate of them, no dip. Not a big fan of dip. I sometimes use applesauce, but that’s not important right now!

Anyway, despite best intentions, I packed a decent amount of chips into my gaping maw. So my brother in law asks the above blogging/chip consumption question. I tell him "yeah, I’ll reference it in some way if I can cram it in where it’s relevant." Then I got to thinking, a lot of people I know read my blog, and you have to wonder when they see me if they are like “Hey, it’s working” or “Well, he is trying, bless him,” or “For crying out loud, would you look at the size of that guy? Did he walk by a bakery and just lose all control?”

Not that it matters, really. I’m pretty much beyond what others may think in the grand scheme anyway, it’s about how I feel and look to myself.

Stuff:
Watching The Biggest Loser last night reminded me that I’d like to get one of those plastic aerobic steps to add to the home arsenal. Back before I saw the use for them, I used to see them out for the trash (some of them brand spanking new!) but ever since I thought to myself, “Self, you ought to grab a set the next time you see ‘em” it’s been absolutely nothing! Not even at the flea market or garage sales. I could have built a goddamned fort out of all the ones I let go to the landfill and now I’m being punished for some reason. I don't want to buy a new set when it it's a historical fact that these frequently line the streets for free. Low-hanging fruit, my friends!

Addedum:

My good friend and pseudo-cousin* Rob co-hosts an informative, funny and frequently profane podcast ostensibly about X-Men comics, but does, on accassion, stray off topic.
http://www.uncannyxcast.com

good stuff, but not for the under 16 set, just to be safe.



*You know, our moms were friends for 11 billion years, the kids called your mom "Aunt So-and-so" and vice-versa.

No comments: