Progress! Follow along at home!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Week 22: 255.0!

Starting weight: 264.2
Weight last week: 258.5
Current weight: 255.0
Lost this week: 3.5
Total lost to date: 9.2 pounds
Goal for this week: 1 pound (just to pass the 10 pound mark!)

Goal Weight: 180

Weight remaining to lose: 75


THAT’S RIGHT!

It’s not record breaking, it’s not earth shaking, it’s not even the most I have lost in 1 week, but it’s down so there you go. I am happy. By next week I am hoping to be back in the 10 pound club, and after that, well the sky is the limit, isn’t it?

OK, really 75 more pounds or so is the actual limit.

I’m pretty pleased. I’m trying desperately to get used to being up early again and exercising and it’s been tough, but we* shall overcome.


If you’re looking for an MP3 Player for the gym or jogging you could really do a hell of a lot worse than this. We have the 1GB model that we put our son’s music on to play in the car (through the radio! We’re not putting headphones on him so hang up the calls to DYFS) and it’s terrific. It’s probably the best sounding MP3 player I have ever heard, and I have heard plenty. It’s as good if not better then my wife’s old Rio Carbon, which ruled, but was stolen by the day laborers at the car wash. That was a 4GB and it was on a tiny hard drive. The Sansa players are solid state, so even if you run like Phoebe on Friends, no skippage!
http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/11/sandisks-sansa-clip-upgrades-to-8gb-stays-tiny/

One of these days, when my Dell gives up the ghost, I will try and install a 32 GB Compact Flash card in place of the 20 GB laptop drive that’s in there. I don’t know if that will even work, but I’d love a 32GB solid state MP3 player.



*”we” meaning “me!”

No comments: