Progress! Follow along at home!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Attn Kids: Stay/Get in shape now. It's seriously for your own good. Lord, I hurt.

The Final ERGS!/Hunchback show at Asbury Lanes Saturday night was a doozy, let me tell you! I somehow managed to survive despite not taking a nap!

Lemuria opened up and, wow, what a band! Their recordings do them no justice at all. This merely reminded me that I need to get their new album (OK, “new” is relative as it came out in February or something). I’m not super crazy about Hunchback, but they were pretty good.

I have previously described the Ergs as a “machine” but Saturday they were more like one three part animal, melding with the crowd until it was all one giant, sweaty, throbbing organism.

I am not as young as I once was so I promptly removed myself from the pit and watched the show from various other vantage points around the venue. I got to meet some people I have wanted to meet for a while, and catch up with some others. By the time I crawled into bed at three forty-five A.M. I was completely spent.

Yesterday I felt OK, a little stiff, but nothing crazy. Today I am like a victim of a blanket party.

One more reason to get in shape kids. After you’re thirty-five, shows will kill you if you don’t get in/stay in shape.

Photographer Marc Gaertner took some pics of it. Only the matinee show is up, you can view them here:
http://www.photo.marc-gaertner.de/zenphoto/index.php?album=2008%2F11-15-final-ergs%2Fearly

Thank heavens I didn’t go to the Philly Show at Khyber Pass. There are pictures of that as well, and holy crow, it was like the trash compactor scene in Star Wars, only with sweaty punk rockers.

I should be recovered enough for my bands show Saturday which will enable me to be a basket case this Sunday as well!

No comments: