Progress! Follow along at home!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Today's score:Our Hero-0, General Tso-1

Yeah, happy birthday to me, yesterday. I pigged out on the General Tso’s combo platter (with Pork fried rice and Wonton soup) and it was so very, very good.

About an hour later, I was not as the old joke says, “hungry again.” No, I was sleepy. And I stayed up to see what my auctions would close at, which was a bad idea as well.

Today I am draggin’ ass in a spectacular fashion. Now I remember why I don’t have Chinese food for dinner anymore. Amazingly, I am not spectacularly bloated or anything today, go figure.

I should have weighed myself to see if the salt caused me to retain eleventy billion gallons of water.


Endnotes:
Oh I got the Don Rickels book yesterday, along with another one about a white collar guy who tries to live on minimum wage. They look good, I just have to finish my newest Terry Pratchett (Night Watch) and the book I got at the Dollar Tree (“King of King’s County” by Whitney Terrell).

I have learned I can only do 2 at a time nowadays.

The missus and I got a card recently from someone I had kind of given up hope on hearing from again. It’s funny, but I was going to call them because of that damned Christian the Lion video on YouTube where at the end it’s like “you should get in touch with someone you have lost touch with.” In other words, don’t be such a thickhead about it, ya dope. When I call, I’m going to ask if that’s why they decided to send the card. That’s the kind of serendipity I expect in situations like this.

No comments: