Progress! Follow along at home!

Friday, August 15, 2008

The rest of the results are in, whoop-de-frickin-do...

Miles to go kids.

Triglycerides- 381 (should be under 150(!) but getting lower
HDL- 32 (should be 40 or higher, but it’s going up)
LDL- 83 which from what I am reading is good, but the size of the particles in my blood is bad.


So, they are upping my dose of Cholesterol meds. Damn it. More weight to lose, and things should improve further.

Here’s the kicker, though. I broke my pinky toe today on my right foot.* I caught it on the footboard of the bed and heard it crack. There was a bright white light and then I thought I was ok. Come 1 PM I was in agony at my desk, so I drove to CVS, got some tape and I’m good to go. God, that’s an awful sound, I’ll tell you that, wow.

My wife asked me, “do you want to go to the hospital?” and I said no. I mean, really, I’m gonna pay some pill jockey a hundred clams to tape my toe to the other one? Boo-schwa!
Today has kind of sucked all around. Let’s take a look:

1) Broke my toe. This may severly impact my goal of losing 18 pounds by my birthday!
2) Numbers came back kinda crummier than I wanted them to
3) My Kashi Lemon Rosemary Chicken was just VILE. The meat was like liquid. Could I have cooked it too long?
4) More meds

Ah well, there’s always tomorrow!

No comments: