Progress! Follow along at home!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday, Monday...

So a friend of mine, who shall remain nameless*, sort of read me the riot act the other day about having too many excuses in regards to my weight loss, or rather, general lack thereof. Then she basically told me that she knew I could do better, get off my duff and get moving again.

She’s right, I’m totally slacking off when I should have the pedal to the metal now, while it’s still nice out and I won’t have to struggle to even leave the house in the cold and dark of winter.

Back on the horse, that creaky old nag.**

I also started playing guitar again. I am using my Guitar for Dummies book so I can actually do it properly this time out! Having pretty much faked it with bar chords and power chords (and very few single note runs) in my musical “career,” maybe I’ll actually be able to make the music that I hear in my head come out of my guitar, without my fellow bandmates having to act as my ciphers. That’s a ways off though for now. Right now I have to rebuild my calluses!



















*Janet!

** the nag in this sense is my battle with weight loss, not my nameless friend*

No comments: