Progress! Follow along at home!

Monday, August 4, 2008

Well, I found out where that bee came from...

Remember a few posts back I mentioned I was stung by a bee while blowing the dust out of my PC out on the back porch? Well here’s a little follow up! That night I had been surprised as hell, as I couldn’t figure out where the dang thing had come from.

Welllllll, I found out this past Saturday.

I had a canvas military demolitions bag for years, and it got something spilled on or in it ( I can't remember), so I washed it all out and hung it on the back porch to dry. I kind of forgot about it. Well, it turns out that it became an olive drab condominium for bees in recent times. My cousin noticed it while looking out the back window.

“You have a lot of bees on that backpack,” she noted. I took a look myself. Hell yeah I did. About 8 or 10 of them at quick count. I had to remedy this, as I had stuff to be grabbin' from said porsh. So, I figured I would throw the bag off the back porch and then go down and grab it and throw it in the dumpster.

I ran out and did so. I swiftly took the bag off the hook and tossed it onto the ground, 1 flight below. For payback I was promptly stung in the ear. Since it’s all cartilage it only hurt for a minute. It seemed, however, the early estimates of 8-10 bees was a little, shall we say, conservative.

After getting stung in the ear, I ran back into the apartment, and shut the glass door. I turned around and the porch was swarming with bees. I did what any man would do. I got some spray when I went out that afternoon and killed the flying bastards. Yea, it was ugly. Yes, I realize we’re all concerned where all the damn bees are going, which is fine, as long as it’s not on a satchel on my porch.

Oh, I did pick up the bag with a shovel and dump it in the trash. It’s a shame, it had a couple of cool buttons on it, but a couple buttons can’t compete with a bag load of bees.

No comments: