Progress! Follow along at home!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Week 10: 254.1

Starting weight: 264.2
Weight last week: 253.1
Current weight: 254.1
Lost this week: 0 (up 1, dang it!)
Total lost: 10.1 pounds
Goal for this week: 4 pounds

Goal Weight: 180

Weight remaining to lose: 74.1


This is what happens when you go off the wagon, but try and remain somewhat active I guess. They had the bathroom at work closed for half the day so I had to go downstairs. This is a minor pain but, it did get me some extra exercise via the stairs and the fact that I pee like a nervous squirrel once I hit a certain amount of water. I believe I may have the tiniest bladder known to man.

So, the toe is much better now, thanks. It's a little discolored, but not as nasty looking as before, and I can bend it fine.

So, 8 pounds in a week. Can it be done? Well, yes, but can it be done by a doughy man with a full time job, a wife, a 2 year old? Who knows? I know if I really hammered myself I could probably get it done, but will it stick? Better to be slow and steady and actually keep it off, right?

Endnotes:
* I listen to a lot of Old Time Radio. While it is in the public domain, it's not easy to find places to download shows for free. So, I Googled like a madman one day and while trying different combinations, I found out that the Library of Congress at www.archive.org has a nice collection of shows. I haven't investigated too deeply, but it seems some shows are even organized by year, which is really awesome. I even managed to get two Nero Wolfe shows I was missing (The lost Heir and The Case of the Malevolent Medic) so that was pretty cool.

Archive.org has a boatload of public domain films and also a lot of live music. Most of it is crap like the Grateful Dead and Phish, but there's some gems too. Check it out.

* man, I hate when you're eating a great banana and you look down before the very last bit and there's an enormous black spot! URGH!

No comments: