Progress! Follow along at home!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wait a second! It's still 2008!

Your trivia fact for the day:

There’s actually a “Leap Second” applied to 2008*, so if you can make that New Years Smooch(tm) last a tad longer, do it to it! I don’t really know exactly why they add in a Leap Second. It’s got something to do with Atomic clocks and Solar Time and maybe I’m tired but it’s not sinking in at all. I think it’s how Dick Clark extends his possibly science-fueled/possibly demonic reign of near-immortality. Lets face it, the man is only hanging on until we can build him a suitable robot body anyway.

The question for the day is: am I actually going to make it until midnight (plus one second)?

Well, let’s kick 2008 to the curb and hope 2009 isn’t as much as a punch in the sack as this last year was**


Tomorrow- 100th post! Holy crap!





*seriously! Look it up! Ok, fine, I’ll do it for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_second
**And I do not mean getting hit while in bed.

No comments: