Progress! Follow along at home!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Week 29: 256.0 Correction: not 100th post! wooo!

Starting weight: 264.2
Weight last week: 258.8
Current weight: 256.0
Lost this week: 2.8 pounds
Total lost to date: 8.2
Goal for this week: 2 pounds

Goal Weight: 180

Weight remaining to lose: 78.4



Look at that. The hit counter goes up, the weight starts to come down. It’s a nice combo! I wish it was directly connected because I could click my way to smaller pants.

I hope your Christmas was better than ours. There was sickness and disappointment of not seeing family. It kinda sucked, kids, but what can you do but plow resolutely forward? Ever onwards, eh?

So, another Christmas come and gone and we got a new Doctor Who special, which was pretty great. It’s going to be sad to see David Tennant go, but what can you do? The show has been about change from the first time Ian and Barbara followed that girl into the phone box in Trotter’s Lane so many years ago.

We also got a new Wallace and Gromit special entitled A Matter of Loaf and Death which was charming, funny and a blast, as per usual!*

It occurs to me that this is supposed to be a fitness/weight loss blog, right? So far all I talked about was Christmas and BBC programming. I should tie this into fitness somehow. OK. Erm…lemme think… Oh all right:

Here’s Rich’s Food Tip #1-

If you order take out, don’t eat it out of the container it came home in. If you’re like me, your brain kicks into “Mortal Kombat” mode** and you eat it all up, yum. The problem with that is, generally, a restaurant portion is way bigger than it needs to be. You’re eating two, maybe three meals there. If it’s something good, you can have it again! So, slap it on a plate and you’ll be good to go.

Some of you may be thinking “Well, duh, that’s pretty much common knowledge, dum-dum” but you’d be surprised how well it works.

Stay Tuned for MORE future Food Tips, coming soon!***

OK, I’m going to try and post tomorrow, and then on Friday because I ought to be home and doing stuff anyway.






*for those of you wondering, I do not live in the UK. I watched these via the magic of the interweb!

** Where you look into the container and all you hear is “Finish him!” I realize this joke will only be funny to a very small segment of readers and I am OK with that.

*** Now, you and I both realize I’m gonna forget about the Food Tip thing for at least three months, right? OK, just so we’re clear.

No comments: