Progress! Follow along at home!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Week 20: 257.2

Starting weight: 264.2
Weight last week: 255.8
Current weight: 257.2
Lost this week: 0 (UP 1.4)
Total lost to date: 7 pounds
Goal for this week: 2 pounds

Goal Weight: 180

Weight remaining to lose: 77.2

I wish I had better numbers to report, but what can you do? I’ll be honest with you, today I feel like I am wasting my time and yours keeping this blog. I either have to truly commit to getting myself healthy, or not. Enough of this dicking around, and enough excuses already. I was tired! I was sore! Waaah! Waaaah! So what?

So What? Your body doesn’t care that you eat when you get stressed out. It doesn’t care that you just don’t feel like going to the gym. It doesn’t really care if you’re bummed out. It doesn’t care that you were up late the night before.

If you’re not going to do the work, you are going to get fatter and fatter and your health will get worse until something awful happens. Your body is a machine and it will run until it doesn’t. It gives warning signs and whether you choose to do anything about them, or just sit around making yourself worse is your decision.

20 weeks and all I have to show for it is 7 lousy pounds? It's pretty pathetic if you ask me. I know I can do better so why don't I?

Man up, or sit the hell down. Only one of those decisions is the right one, and I need to choose.

In other news:
I got a really, really, really, short haircut and shaved off my goatee. Now, fat dudes grow goatees because we generally have a lot of chins. Sometimes we shave them off and are horribly reminded of why we grow them in the first place. It’s amazing what some hair will do for you.

I thought I looked all right before. I wasn’t Brad Pitt or anything, mind you, but I’d pass in a crowd as Gram used to say.

Now? Damn near bald, and lots of flappage. Sadly, I look like Don Rickles had sex with a Shar-Pei! Now, there’s an image to get the motor’s running, eh gals?



How you doin'?

No comments: