Progress! Follow along at home!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Week 19: 255.8

Starting weight: 264.2
Weight last week: 255.7
Current weight: 255.8
Lost this week: 0 (+.1! I’m going to call that damn near even. I mean, .1? That could be a loogie. Heck I could blow my nose and lose that.)
Total lost to date: 8.4 pounds
Goal for this week: 2 pounds

Goal Weight: 180

Weight remaining to lose: 75.8


Well, that was an interesting week, no? Up and down like budget elevator operator, only to end up pretty much right where we were before. Who’da thunk it?

What’s funny is I feel slimmer. Not a whole lot, but some, and kids, let me tell you I will take it! like Obama, I am also running on a “redistribution” platform. Fat to muscle I guess, eh? Maybe a little.

Here’s a little fun fact. You hear all the time when you’re trying to lose weight that “muscle weighs more than fat.” This is malapropism. A pound is a pound whether it’s fat, muscle, marbles, ice cubes, ball bearings, designer shoes, two-penny nails, pickles, fish tank gravel, clowns or bacon.* Muscle is bulkier, and the correct way to say it is “muscle is heavier by volume than fat. Basically if I was to give you a bucket with a pound of muscle and one with a pound of fat the fat bucket would be more full. Also, you’d have to ask yourself “What the hell is this guy doing with buckets of fat and muscle?” I know, I just freaked myself out a little, too!

This is why two people of the same weight can look radically different. It’s not all about the weight, but more about how much fat your body has. Someone my weight with my fat content (I think looks doughy. Someone my weight with like 19% or 20% body fat would look like Thor or something.

Oh, by the way, there is one way to win the old “which is heavier” question. That is, is it a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?

The feathers weigh more, actually. You see, gold is measured on the Troy scale and a pound of gold has only 12 troy ounces. I wopuldn’t advise trying to win money with this one, as although a pound is a pound, this one will likely get you a pound-ing!

See you all tomorrow!


P.S. I just realized I forgot to bring a banana to work with me. That’s annoying as I look forward to my 12 noon-nanner!



*Yeah, that was gloriously random, wasn’t it? Ah, I really needed that!

No comments: