Progress! Follow along at home!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

People at work...

There’s a ton of people losing weight in my office currently. Some have been incredibly dramatic, and some sort of sneak up on you. You know what I mean, you see them every day or so and one day it’s like “Hey! Are you losing weight?” and they are and you can pay them a nice compliment. As long as they don’t say “Why yes, I am thanks! I see you’re still a buffalo in Khakis and a polo shirt*” or something, it’s a nice moment.

It’s also nice inspiration. You know what I mean, along the lines of “Well, if so-and-so can do it, there’s no reason for me to still be fat!” and that’s true. Sometimes I just need to realize that, you know? It’s a tough road, and the easy thing to do is to stop, sit down, and eat 26 Fun Size candy bars. Believe me, I know!

I asked my friend Stephanie how much she though I weighed and she pegged me at 235-240. Thank you, ma’am! (I wish you were right but I’ll take what I can get right now!)

We were also discussing weigh in days, and one woman said “Mondays are the worst, but hey, it keeps me honest!” Quite frankly, Mondays seem to be a better day for me. I’m generally far lighter (ok, a pound or so, not anything nutty!) on Monday then I am on Tuesday. I think, starting this Monday I’m gonna weigh myself everyday and see what the flux is going on. Yes, that’s an awful pun. You’re welcome.

You know, if I could only lose weight like that Dow Jones fellow, I’d be dead sexy already!





*The other day, I fully felt like a large grazing mammal in business casual, for sure.

No comments: