Progress! Follow along at home!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Week 18: 255.7

Starting weight: 264.2
Weight last week: 259.4
Current weight: 255.7
Lost this week: 3.7
Total lost to date: 8.5 pounds
Goal for this week: 2 pounds

Goal Weight: 180

Weight remaining to lose: 75.7

Ok, on the one hand I am pleased as punch that I managed to nearly double my goal of two pounds. On the other hand, my usual pattern of being slightly higher on the scale on Tuesdays as opposed to Mondays (based on an admittedly completely random pre-weigh-in campaign) so I can’t help but go “huh?!?!”

The funny thing is I actually feel thinner this week. I mean I am thinner so maybe it’s not all that funny or odd. I noticed my button down shirts felt a little looser this weekend, and that was nice.

So, let’s talk about where I want to be and when. August 27th, 2010 is the deadline for this whole shebang, but really here’s a couple of things coming up I’d like to make as milestones

1) My band is playing two shows. One is mischief night, the other is the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I’d lurve to be down say, 20 pounds total by then! However, I know from what I speak when I say I’m not going to set myself up for a crushing disappointment like I did around my birthday. So, here’s what I’m saying. 15 pounds by November 22nd. This will be a sliding scale so that if I hit 15 before then I’ll adjust upwards accordingly*.
2) Christmas. Do I go all sentimental and say “25 by the 25th?” ** Perhaps. This is penciled in.
3) My kid’s natal anniversary in April. I can’t even tell you what I want to be at that far ahead in the future.

In theory, I want to have lost 40 pounds total by my birthday, 2009. I mean that’s the halfway mark, so really, that’s primarily poetic horse puckey rather than a “realistic goal.” Sometimes, we need slogans and poetic horse puckey though, right?


ENDNOTES:

I used to do these in a column I wrote for e-crap.com years ago. Maybe they should come back!

Here’s a funny blog I just discovered.
http://www.spillingcoffee.com/

I’m going to add him to the links on the right, but figured I mention it anyhoo. Also, my friend Jay writes this one
http://www.musicalsauce.blogspot.com/



*I never know how to write directionally for this blog, if you catch what I mean. You know, you want to lose weight, so are you adjusting goals down, or are you adjusting it up because you want to lose more weight? I’m sure Mr. Berman (one of my favorite HS English teachers) could straighten me out.

**Yes, I am awesome at slogans, thank you for noticing. Sporty By Forty, 25 by the 25th. You get the idea. I hope to have more luck with some of these than my less then successful “More 69 in ‘96” campaign, which resulted in exactly no 69 in ’96.

No comments: