Progress! Follow along at home!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

You think you're hungry?

I was watching something about sharks recently, and they mentioned that a shark* may go as long a month between meals. You wonder why they bite people? Imagine I say, oh, round the middle of March, “Come on, I’ll take you to this great place. Eat all you want!” and then tell you after it’s done and you’re all full that you’re cut off until Tax Day! No wonder they all seem so pissed off.

I’d eat a guys face too if I’d been hanging around the ocean for a month without so much as a granola bar or something.

Happy upcoming Shark Week everybody!

It’s been a hell of a week for minor mishaps.
1) The double whammy of the wipers and tire on Monday.
2) Tuesday night I got stung by a bee on my back porch when I took my PC outside to blow all the dust out of it.
3) And today, I cut the ever-loving frick out of my finger slicing up an apple for my son’s lunch. I used to sell Cutco brand knives and I was using my ridiculously sharp knife to slice an apple and I felt it cut me DEEP. So I cleaned it up, put some peroxide on it and proceeded to apply a Go, Diego, Go! Band-Aid. Yes, I’m 37.

I walked to CVS today, intending to pick up a prescription. They open at 7 am now. The pharmacy, however, opens at 8…

So I figured I’d walk home and get my meds later. I got halfway there, and remembered we were low on bananas, so I turned round, and walked back to where 7-11 is and bought a water and 2 bananas. Then I walked home. I had time to duck into the garage to grab the box containing my Terry Pratchett novels only to discover that the box in question contained a dozen boxed Sailor Moon dolls. WTF!?!?

I know I saw that box recently, but where was it?

Ah well, no big whoop.




*Specifically the Oceanic Whitetip, but I seem to recall it being mentioned in regards to the Great White and the Bull shark as well.

No comments: