Progress! Follow along at home!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Udderly ridiculous!

A few years ago I was sitting at my sister in law’s place watching TV when my niece who was probably about 5 at the time, came strolling into the room and stood next to me. I noticed she was giving me the hairy eyeball pretty bad so I looked at her and before I could ask what she was doing she said:

“Uncle Richie, how come you have boobies?”

“Oh, sweetie,” I said chuckling, “I don’t have boobies!”

She looked at me with one of those expressions that says that "Denial" is not just a river in Egypt and said while nodding sagely, “Yeeeeah, I think you got boobies…”

“Go get me a drink, would you?” I said grumpily and she trotted off to the kitchen where she promptly forgot to get me a drink and decided to play with the dog.*

There’s a wake up call for ya, right fellas? Your five year old niece comments on your cans.

Sigh. That’s with a capital “s” for sure kids.

The sad thing is, she was right. I don’t look like Kitten Natividad or anything (go ahead, look her up but not at work!) nor do I expect to be cast in a Russ Meyer film, but let’s just say along with the pony keg I need to get rid of the moobs.




*I ended up getting my own drink, by the way. I know you were wondering.

No comments: