Progress! Follow along at home!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Man, I love Aldi. If you're not familiar with them, they are a chain of grocery stores from Europe (I know they are big in Germany) that's making some headway in the states. It's much less expensive, and while you may not get the variety of brands that the other grocers have, I have yet to be disappointed in the quality of the products purchased there, aside from some apples. As apples are a fruit, and it's more than likely that they went wonky after I bought them, I'm giving them a pass on that.

Anyway, their Fit & Active line is very similar to the Weight Watchers brand in may respects. Package design, size, and most importantly, taste. Where the difference is, is the price. They are a lot cheaper then the WW brand.

I'm going to mention an awful lot of Fit & Active food here in the blog, because I'm eating a lot of it.

Anyway, today's is the Fit & Active Sesame Chicken frozen meal. If you're watching your WW points like me, it is a kind of steep 8 pointer, but there's noodles in in so you can't really argue. It's pretty filing, and the sauce is quite tasty.

The chicken is breaded and are pretty much nuggets, if we're going to call it like it is. I couldn't tell if they were baked or fried, although my guess is probably fried. There were five or six pretty good sized pieces in there.

All in all I gotta give it a solid B+

No comments: