Progress! Follow along at home!

Monday, April 27, 2009

It’s a matter of taste.

They say, if you want people to come to your blog, you need to provide a reason. Generally that would mean nudity. As this is a blog about me trying to get in shape, nudity is not only inappropriate, but a frightening thought from the get go.

Thus, in the effort to "provide content," I give you:

A list of foods that I have a near irrational hatred of, akin to my near panic-level dislike of spiders*.

Cheese- my hatred of cheese is nigh the Stuff of Legend. I hate cheese like Hitler, or like McCarthy hated Commies. Cheese is my Kryptonite. Seriously, eff cheese.
Mayonnaise- really, what is the purpose of this alleged condiment? Anyone? It tastes awful, it’s awful for you and smells like jock itch.
Eggs- I will eat them in a jam, but I have to be remarkably hungry and the only other food option would be “hungry.” The smell of scrambled eggs is right up there, or down there actually, with mayonnaise.

Here are some foods I am currently on the fence about:
Broccoli- last time I had it, it gave me horrendous stomach issues. I recently re-tried some in a frozen thing I was eating and, truth be told, it wasn’t bad but it also wasn’t amazing or anything

Actually that might be all I’m on the fence about right now.


Here are some foods I have come to see the light on:
Yogurt- for some thirty years I avoided this, like an idiot. Now I have at least a cup a day
Wheat Bread- Admittedly, no kid likes wheat bread. At least I didn’t. Maybe because my mom always bought Wonder bread or Rye. Man did I hate Rye bread. Came around in my late 20s. Wheat bread, or even Multi- or 7 Grain bread is terrific. Rye is still hit or miss. I probably could have put it in the “fence” column, I suppose.
Almonds- Pronounced by my mom as “ah-mends.” I frigging hated these things when I was a kid when they would ruin a perfectly good Hershey bar. Now I love them like pancakes.
Sweet Potatoes- They got me with the fries, and then I was sold.
Finally, Bananas- Yes, I had always hated them for their texture, but now they are right up there in the "Gotta have em everyday" line like yogurt.







*Man, do I ever hate spiders. Mind you, I don’t generally kill them, unless they get in my way. You know, like Kim Jong Il and, well, anybody who gets in his way! Also, if you're big and hairy, you gotta go as well. Sorry.

No comments: