Progress! Follow along at home!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Good Night, Dark Horse...

Well, it looks like the Biggest Loser just got a lot less interesting.

My Dark Horse Candidate, Kristin, was sent home last night due to some fine backstabbery by Ron and Mike. She and Helen came up as the two for elimination. Ron promised Kristin and her mother that he would never write her name down, and he didn’t. He just had Mike do it.

Wow. You know, I never got the Ron hate before, but I can see why people dislike him, now. Bob has to be pissed because he only has 2 teammates left, and I just don’t think Felipe is going to win. I missed the very end where Ron was like “Mike is going to win” and the looks on the other’s faces. If I were them, I’d get rid of Mike first, if possible, because Ron is not a true threat. All Ron did was paint an enormous target on his son, and, I am sad to say, I think it’s gonna bite him in the ass.

Where is the Mike that gave up a year of food to Aubrey? I have every belief Mike could have beaten Kristin in a fair fight, 9 out of 10 times.

Mind you, Kristin gained weight. They practically told you it was gonna happen with the whole "Bob watches the Food Journal" bit. Now, I also think her calling Mike a coward at the end of the show was poor form. At this point, you can see the money, and it’s about gameplay. You have no friends on that ranch right now other than your trainer. OK, Mike and Ron have each other but that’d be it.

I’m finally annoyed by Helen. I think it will be shameful if at the finale her daughter is still heavy and she’s all proud of herself for having her “new life” while her daughter remains fat. When she was all crying to Tara to give up on the challenge so she could split the money with her, knowing full well she was gonna take the pound, I was furious. It’s not all about you. You need to get over the loser mentality. I did find her getting mad at Felipe hysterical, though.

Kudos to Jillian for slapping Tara with the cold fish of reality about sending her friend home. Kudos to Bob for railing his team for not eating enough, and killing with the line of the night “What are you gonna have for dinner? Ice? Lettuce cups full of nothing?!?!?!”

Kudos to Tara for taking 10K instead of the pound because she believed in herself! What made me nuts is that she’s like “That will pay my first and last month’s rent…” I know she lives in NY but come on! I see a lot of people calling her “smug” on line and not liking her, but I don’t get it. Yeah, she wins challenges, week after week by being focused and doing what she needs to do and working hard as hell, the same as Mike. She has stayed in the game despite having everyone target her. Mike is well liked, but that may have changed after last night.

I am, however, starting to really hate the 2 hour format. At this point I feel like they are stretching it out a little too much.

Also, what is the deal with Kristin’s hometown? All the women have the same haircut?!?! It like the Cleveland Stepford Society or something…

No comments: