Progress! Follow along at home!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Enough, already.

For crying out loud, all right, already!

As if 2009 hasn’t been tough enough: My Father-in-Law is now in the hospital undergoing tests.

We’re in the “well maybe it’s this or maybe it’s that” stage at the moment, so fingers crossed and good vibes sent this way please.

Creepy Department:
There’s a new website called Dead at Your Age, where you put in your birth date, and it tells you people you have outlived and done much more than you. Here’s today’s for me:

You are 38 years and 232 days old today.At your exact age, John F. Kennedy Jr. died in an airplane accident. He was a magazine-publisher son of President John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis.

Jeez. Now I feel kinda bad about making it further then John-John. Not bad enough to trade or anything, so don’t turn in the harp yet, Johnny boy.

Additionally:

You've outlived Harry Chapin by almost two weeks. He was a singer/songwriter, filmmaker and philanthropist best known for his song "Cat's in the Cradle" (1974). He died of a heart attack on July 16, 1981, when you were 10 years old.
Elliott See was almost two weeks younger than you when he died in an airplane accident on February 28, 1966. He was a test pilot and NASA astronaut who was backup pilot for Gemini 5 and chosen to command Gemini 9. He died 5 years before you were born.
You've outlived Joseph Smith by about 2 months. He was an American religious figure who founded the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons). He died of murder by anti-Mormon rioters on June 27, 1844, 127 years before you were born.


Ok, so great songwriter, astronaut and someone who founded an entire religion that isn’t based out of a trailer or warehouse. Jeez. Well, I bet none of them ever had a blog, did they? HAH!*

BIGGEST LOSER UPDATE:
The big news here is Laura had some hairline fractures in her hip that ultimately sent her packing. What annoyed me is Tara trying to keep her there**! Come on, I know she’s your best pal, but she needed the rehab she got when she went out. She had a nice turnaround from the beginning and it was touching to see Jillian take it so hard.

Personally, I am 100% surprised she was not medically disqualified straight away!

My Dark Horse Candidate Kristin got to stay instead. She needs it. I’m starting to think she could take it. It’s between Mike, Tara and Kristin I think. I am concerned that she still needs the help this badly. I feel like that will affect her at home.

I also don’t give Helen enough credit for sure. Seeing her with her husband last night was terrific. I don’t think she’ll win the whole thing, but she’s gonna look fantastic.

I have been seeing a lot of hate for Big Ron online, and I just don’t get it. OK, not all of it. I don’t think he tries all the time with the challenges and I think yeah, I think he votes to keep his son on the ranch for as long as possible, but I don’t think it makes him a bad guy. If my son and I were in the same situation, you can bet your bottom dollar I’d do anything to keep him on. I see a lot of people online busting Ron’s balls about his choice. If he was playing the game this time out, he’d have sent Kristin home, not Laura. Kristin is a WAY bigger threat, seriously no pun included. I think Ron seems to be a stand-up kinda guy. Also, his wife is pretty cute, so there’s that.***

The bit with Mike’s Brother Max was BRUTAL. I was near tears through like half this episode to begin with, but the part where he was like “Now I’m the big one…” just killed me. If he’s not cast next season, I would love it if the show did something for him at home. It’d be great publicity.

Also I noticed, on the internet, people can’t spell the word “huge.” Come on, folks, “hugh” is a name, not a size.

Well, that’s it for now.


*there’s probably a decent chance John-John actually did have a blog of one sort or another, before they were called blogs. He probably had a LiveJournal or something.
**What really annoys me is I always confuse Tara and Laura.
*** Oh, if you haven’t got me pegged by now…

No comments: