Progress! Follow along at home!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I love you, Mom.

Mom left at about 5:30 last night.

According to Dad she slipped away very peacefully.

I’ll miss you very, very much, Mom. I believe you’re in a better place, now. It’s a comfort to think you’re with your mother and brothers again.

We’ll be OK, but it’ll take a while. I don’t know if I could ever express to you how much love and gratitude I have for you. You guided me through some tough things and you nagged me when you thought I needed nagging, you sacrified a lot for me and then for my wife and child, and loved like only a mother can.

I know you’ll put in a good word for me with the Man Upstairs. I could use any help I can get, you know?

We’ll never forget you, Mom.

Rest easy, you more than earned it.


By that way, if this is how you are learning about my Mom, I’m sorry. I probably missed a phone call or two along that way. I hope you're not offended.

1 comment:

BqtManager13 said...

Written from the heart. For those of you that did not get a change to meet his mother she was the best. I'll always value any time I spent talking to her. She was extremely funny, witty, and to the point. All of which I appreciate in a person.
Continue on your climb down with the weight loss, and don't let this discourage you. Motivation is the key, and there is no better time than now. Your doing great!
See you soon,
Brother in Law Brian.