Progress! Follow along at home!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Close the door, you're letting the Monday in!

Man, I am tired today. Didn’t sleep well Saturday into Sunday and it’s catching up with me now.

It feels strange to be back at work, but then again, it felt strange to be away from my wife and son while I was in Florida.

It’s still very hard for me to accept that I can’t just pick up the telephone and call my mom and tell her “oh, Owen did this today” or whatever…

My brother in law and I were trading some fitness tips yesterday. Just general junk, what works or doesn’t etc. Nothing revolutionary, more like: “if you have to have a snack at night, eat something like a granola bar, instead of 9 Almond Joys”, that type of thing.

We got a notice at work that we’re getting new vending machines. And I quote “The new vending machines will allow us to get a wider variety of beverages and food selections.” Compared to the places I have previously worked, what we have now is like a buffet on a Carnival cruise.

2 soda/water machines
1 general snacky-type machine
1 food machine with stuff like cup o soup, microwave burritos, sammiches and what not and
1 honest to goodness ice cream machine. Seriously.

The only step up I can see from that is having, like, Ted from Queer Eye in a glass case (like the old fortune teller machines, but bigger!) making whatever you want for like, five bucks.

Sorry there was no Biggest Loser update last week. It’s been a real kick in the junk in the last few weeks, so I’m sure you can all understand. Recapping begins again this week.

Here’s what I know happened.
1) the contestants ate crappy food for a chance at being the only vote
2) Bob and Jillian went absolutely bonkers on them for “defiling the gym” because most of them ate too damn many cupcakes or whatever.
3) Tara got the vote
4) She sent Sione’s butt home (And the rest of him!)
5) Sione looks fantastic.

Weigh in tomorrow, kiddies.

Also, Happy Birthday, 5th Doctor Peter Davison.

No comments: