Progress! Follow along at home!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Week 31: 257! Again! This is not really a complaint!

Starting weight: 264.2
Weight last week: 257.0
Current weight: 257.0
Lost this week: 0 (but hey, no gain!)
Total lost to date: 7.2
Goal for this week: 2 pounds

Goal Weight: 180

Weight remaining to lose: 79.4


An uneventful week, weight wise. I'm just glad there was no upswing, you know?

I really want to get back to the gym. Yeah, I’ve gone a total of once since my impassioned post some time back. I miss the gym, but man, it is hard as hell to get there. You work full time, you have a kid (or bless you that have more than one!), you have things to do around the house, how in the world do you do it?

I used to do it by getting up at 5:30 and going then. I just can’t seem to drag my carcass out of bed that early and if I do, I can’t seem to muster the get and go to actually get up and go to the effing place. I know if I do it for three weeks (just three weeks. It’s a laughably short amount of time) it’d be a habit, but it’s the going in the first place.

I understand why people give up. It’s much easier to just stop trying. I won’t tell you it doesn’t cross my mind. Then I look at my wife and son and I get so sodding angry with myself because they are so important to me, and yet I can’t seem to get by with a little less sleep, a little more inconvenience.

Would it really be easier to stop, though?

Would it be easier to just get remarkably fat? Like “I need to be pulled from the apartment by a crane/fused to my sofa” fat?

Would it be easier to just have a heart attack or a stroke?

Would it be easier to get Diabetes?

I think we all know the answer to this, right? I know what I’m supposed to be doing, I know what I need to be doing.

As it looks this week, I should be able to go on Friday morning. Right now, Wednesday and Thursday are booked up. I figure if I can go Friday through Monday this week it should start getting easier, at least the going part, anyway.

No comments: