Progress! Follow along at home!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

If we can put a man on the moon, why not Sesame Chicken in the cupboard?

I know I wanted to talk about the new Season of The Biggest Loser, and I will, but I need to get something off my chest first.

I have been trying to bring lunch to work, whether it’s a sandwich or a frozen meal like that awesome Kashi one I talked about some time back. I also keep emergency rations in my cupboard for, well, emergencies. Soup, cereal, some Kashi and Nutrigrain bars and usually one Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers™ meal. Now, here’s the weird thing, doesn’t it wig anyone else out that you don’t have to keep a Sesame Chicken meal refrigerated? Anyone?

I realize it’s probably the same Space-Age Technology that brought us Tang, Teflon and the Sham-Wow, but it makes me uneasy, despite it’s deliciousness. The Sesame Chicken is indeed quite yummy, there’s some pineapple and water chestnuts as well (which we can now add to bananas and almonds in the “Foods I didn’t know I liked” list) and it’s pretty filling. With coupons they run about two bucks or so, and that’s pretty fair for a meal. I just find food with meat in it that you do not have to store cold slightly distressing.

Anyway, on to The Biggest Loser. Like Bob and Jillian, I was astounded at the sheer size of the contestants this time out. I mean, the two best friends (something like 19 & 24 years old) weigh in at a combined 847 pounds. Holy smokes, that’s absolutely insane! I mean that’s 3.3 of me.

Well. That’s pretty sobering on my end, isn’t it? I mean at least it’s almost three and a half of me, but I’ll be much happier at my goal weight when that will be closer to five of me.

That number seems insane to me, aside from being the area code for the suburbs of Chicago, but that’s two very young dudes to be that big. I mean, I feel lousy and everything at my weight, I can’t imagine another 175 pounds on top of that. I like the kid so far, he seems like a easy going dude and fun and funny to boot. When teams were being picked he said something along the lines of “We’ll we’ve all been the fat kid picked last in gym. Now, we’re all the fat kids in like, the fattest gym class ever!”

I can’t wait to see Bob flip out on the lady from the silver team next week!

My guess is Dan takes it.

Oh, and is it me or have the old guys in the last three seasons all been named “Jerry?”*





* I just checked. Last season’s old guy was Jerry, and so was season 4’s old guy. They other old guy was Lynn. Season three had no old guy.

No comments: