Progress! Follow along at home!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

An inspirational post, OR, In order to combat my craving for White Castle that I have been having lately...

We watched Harold and Kumar go to White Castle last night. Man, that is a ridiculously funny movie. Neil Patrick Harris is ridiculous. I need to see the sequel even though most people said it’s not nearly as good.

So I gave the Perfect Pushup thingamadoodles (that’s a technical term) a go today and I like them. I am still a sissy-pantsed weakling and have to do the easy or “starter” position. You know, kneeling, previously known in school as “girl push-ups.” Well, if that’s all I can do, that’s all I can do. I realized somewhat late in life that (and brace yourself for this little pearl of wisdom kids, because it’s going to come as a shock to many of you), quite simply, you have to start somewhere! If that means at the bottom, then so be it. I’m not going to sweat it. At least it’s something.

That’s my little piece of advice for today, start something. Start it from the bottom and who gives a baboon’s bum if you suck at it! Go ahead, suck at it. To paraphrase a great American* be “the suckiest suck who ever sucked!” Who cares, you’ll more than likely get better. If you don’t, and you discover that, even with practice this activity is just not for you, try something else.

I see people give stuff up after trying it a couple times because it’s “too hard.” Maybe it’s supposed to be.

When I finally reach my goal and I can get a new suit and look at myself in the mirror and not think “DUDE!?!?! What in the hell happened?” It will have been worth it.

I will also be approximately 797% sexier. You can’t argue with statistics!**



*Homer J. Simpson
** 86% of which are usually lies.

No comments: