Progress! Follow along at home!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

I have a monkey on my back. A chubby monkey.

Lately, I feel like one of those junkies you see in documentaries who are in recovery but are in the car driving and they go “Man, I could go over to my dealer right now and score and no one would be the wiser. I could just do it once...”

I was totally feeling like that on the way home from our parent-teacher meeting*. I was craving a sammich from Dunkin Donuts. I rationalized it all in my head, but I didn't do it. I drove home instead.

I figured I could have a few pieces of on an Arnold Sandwich Flat (wow, are these ever good, and only one point a piece!) with some Fit N Active Turkey Bacon, but lo and behold, the bacon was rancid.

DENIED.

Instead I had some almonds. Boy, that took the edge off. That was sarcasm, by the way.

I wonder if it will get easier. The siren's song of the BAD FOOD is as strong as it's ever been. It's really annoying, to tell you the truth!



* Which I was late for because I was stuck behind a School Bus. Yes, I see the irony.

No comments: