Progress! Follow along at home!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Seriously, this is how you get your kicks on a Sunday night?

I mean, I know King of the Hill isn't on anymore, but really, a blood-curdling scream on a dark road, shouted at someone walking alone?

The only thing that did was increase my pulse rate, although some of it was, I am sure, my vivid fantasies of you wrapping your pickup truck around a tree and ending up in horrible, painful and expensive traction.

In short, get bent you mouth-breathing douchebags.

It's getting so a guy can't walk down dark, creepy streets by himself at 10 PM anymore.

On Friday, on the other hand, after my meeting at Unemployment, I went for a walk in the Cheesequake Park. Here's two pics.


Here's some nice marshy scenerey


A shot of Hooks Lake, which is a heck of a lot bigger than I initially thought!


It was so beautiful and peaceful and quiet, I felt every bit of stress and tension leaving me as I walked through the forest. Then, at one point I began actually running through the trails. Yes, you heard me I ran. That's a different kind of workout, let me tell you! For a little while I felt like I didn't have a care in the world.

Reality always comes back, and always too far quickly, but for a little while there, it was me, and the world God made, and that was it, and, man, was it ever good...


No comments: