Progress! Follow along at home!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Week 50- 238.8

Starting weight: 264.2
Weight last week: 241.9
Current weight: 238.8
Lost this week: 3.1
Total lost to date: 25.4
Goal for this week: 2 pounds

Goal Weight: 180

Weight remaining to lose: 58.8

I’m damn psyched about this. The two-thirties!

Thanks to my lovely assistant, my gout flare up was ended pretty quickly with some Tart Cherry capsules. This is powdered cherries, by the way, 1200mg two times a day. There’s no trace of gout in my foot at all today and I could barely walk Saturday night into Sunday.

Tart Cherry is also supposed to help arthritis, muscle pain, diabetes and to help you sleep better. They have tons of antioxidants as well. I never knew this. I look forward to seeing if this doesn’t help my F*cking Arthritis* pain.

I managed to walk some yesterday, but my foot was still a little sore and swollen. However, by the time say, 10pm rolled around I could see the actual knuckles of my big toe again. Usually, gout lasts for 3-4 days for me. This may have been one of the fastest flare-up recoveries ever.

Anyhow, I have hit the 25 pound mark. That’s pretty damned exciting. For the first time I thought the ol’ Pony Keg looked closer to a Party Ball today. The Missus has been saying this for a couple of weeks actually, but I just didn’t see it. Today, yeah.

I am also in the two-thirties. It’s been a long time since I was in the two-thirties. Probably a good 5 years or so.

So I got rid of my 40 waist pants and shorts. Well, except for the new pair I got right before Mom’s memorial mass back in April. I’m not prepared to just throw out 20 bucks. I may just Ebay them. Maybe I can do a fundraiser, “The last pair of 40s I will ever buy!!!!!” Or maybe someone who needs them will snap ‘em up. I mean I only wore them like 5 times.

When I am severely tempted, I just think “New Pants, better then the Old Pants” and it helps. I mean, I still have a piece of chocolate or a treat from time to time, but I’m not doing what I used to do.

If I am tempted by something I think about it. “Do I really want to eat that?” and I give it a few minutes. If I decide that “yes I do, I really do want that whatever it might be” I have some. I don’t do it like I used to, where I would stuff myself silly. I am just mindful of what I am doing.

Yeah, it’s a lot harder than “Well, I don’t feel like cooking, I’ll just throw 10 chicken nuggets in the oven,” but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

So, tomorrow will be the debut of Food Review Wednesdays! This is to take the place of my normal Biggest Loser wrap-ups and should continue until the show comes back on in the fall.

No comments: