Progress! Follow along at home!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Jer-ry! Old guys rule!

Yeah. You probably heard that Helen took the top honors last night, looking a little too thin.* Mike came in second, and poor Tara came in last. They may not have won any money, but they did win LIFE. They took it back, and overcame a lot to do what they did and they both looked healthier than Helen did.

That sucked, and you could see the disappointment in her face. I think had she lost to Mike she’d have been OK with it. I know she’ll still be a success, but it must have been hard to lose to Helen.

I see a bunch of people online who were glad to see Tara “get knocked down a few pegs.” Why? Because she was a better competitor? Because she was “cocky?” Shoot, I’d be cocky as well if I started eating all the other players alive in every challenge. She did it fair and square to boot. It’s a sin nowadays to be proud of being good at something. In this whole “Everyone’s a winner” culture we have established, it seems you get a lot of guff for saying you can do something? She won, even when everyone else was acting against her. She’s like Rocky or the Bad News Bears or something!

Now, on the other hand, everyone who lost to Jerry, the 60+ guy who exercised for 1 hour before collapsing and being sent to the hospital in episode 1 should be as gobsmacked as they looked. The man was sent home and lost 177 pounds! 55 percent of his body weight or thereabouts lost. Flat out amazing. You think you can’t do it? Bullshit.

The fact that this was three hours long and then only to get cut off for news at the end was infuriating! I may not have liked Helen but I’d have liked to hear what she had to say. Also maybe The Other two as well. It was too dragged out and had more flashbacks than Timothy Leary’s retirement party.

Also, the bit with America voting on which girl should be on next season? Complete bollocks. I don’t care about that, I’ll meet everyone in September. How about interviews with the successes on the show? Too much, NBC, too much!

If anything else needs to be slimmed down, it’s this show. Make it less contestants, make it an hour a week, and give us three seasons maybe! Or show us the Aussie on in the summer. For heaven’s sake, I don’t want another season like this!

My notes:
*I wish Kristin lived by me because she’d be awesome to hang out with I bet!
*Dan’s partner David just is not ready to do it. I wish him luck in the future and maybe Dan can inspire him.
*Again, three hours was too damned long!
*Aubrey looked good, but she’s still struggling, and so is Shanon. Good luck to you both!
*Joelle, please hush up. You lost some weight but you are still crazier than a sack of weasels
*Ron has lost a hell of a lot of weight, but is still very wide. I mean, he’s a big burly dude, but it’s an odd dynamic, because it looks as if he’s becoming like Pancake Man** or something.
*Dan’s quote of hope where he said “People think ‘Oh if I lose a hundred pounds I’m still obese’ may be true. But then you can lose another hundred, and then fifty more if you got ‘em. The important thing is to never give up hope.” I knew I liked that kid.
*My goodness, Mike looks like an athelete!
*Holy Crap on a stick! Jerry looks bloody amazing!!!!!! WHOA! He’s an inspiration for sure.

You know what I would like? Maybe a mini 8 or 10 episode “Max’s Story” type thing. Have him trained by Bob for 8 weeks, do some challenges and if he completes them, or does them in a certain time, a charity would benefit, and he’d get a matching amount. Just an idea…

Also, a reunion show would be fun. Make it about all the past winners if you like. I think we’d like to see some people from the past and how they are doing.

* That said, so help me, I thought her caboose looked pretty darn good in that dress. I mean she looked pretty gaunt otherwise, but hey...
** That’s be me as a super hero. I would feed the crooks a lot of pancakes and they’d just pass out. My sidekicks could be Tryptophan Girl and Lethargic Lad! Beware evildoers!

No comments: