Progress! Follow along at home!

Monday, March 16, 2009

Crap, I forgot Biggest Loser last week!

Dang it, I forgot to talk about Biggest Loser last week.

I missed a big ‘ol hunk of it (I think because I was eating. Irony!) but Mike did manage to pull an impressive eleven pound loss to pull the group’s collective fat from the fryer. The kid is like a machine. Oh, to be 18 again!*

Currently, he and Tara are my favorites to win**. Tara, if you remember is on the “Former Models” team and also seems to be one of those people who can just deliver numbers, every week. Mike just seems relentless and the kid just has so much heart you can’t not be rooting for him. After giving his year’s supply of groceries to Aubrey for her family, I’d have to say the kid is winning viewers over as well. He could be doing it as a ploy, but he just seems like a genuinely nice guy.

So, we lost Aubrey’s sister Mandi. She looks great now, having seen the footage from home. She sacrificed herself for Aubrey and understandably so. With 5 kids Aubrey put herself last and that’s not going to help her. She needs as much time on the ranch as possible. Oh, and am I the only one who is just dying to see what that enormous back-piece she has is? I mean it comes out of her pants and goes under her bra. It’s bloody huge! I’m fascinated by people who seem somewhat “square” or “normal” and they end up having not only a tattoo (which isn’t that odd. Everyday I find more people that have them!) but a friggin’ huge tattoo. I love that, and the stories that go with them. I have a friend who got a tall ship in very old sailor style on her shoulder in memory of her grandmother. It’s huge, but it works on her and I like it.

This brings up another tangent (on this blog? No way!). On a message board I frequent someone posted some rather racy (i.e. naked) pictures of a young lady who had an awful lot of tattoos, and I mused “At what point do you have so many tattoos that you can no longer ever be considered actually naked?”

What? it's a valid question! I’m going to venture that it’s when you can’t really see boobies or naughty bits in general clearly anymore, you know, like those pictures of body painters that walk around in public looking like a fairy or like they are made of wood, or Spiderman or something and you think “Well that’s an interesting picture I wonder…OH MY GOD! THAT’S THAT DUDE’S BALLS!” I reference that particular photo, because you’ve all seen it.

I think Kat Von D is rapidly approaching the stage where she will be able to walk around stark raving nude*** in broad daylight because, from the last episode of L.A. Ink I saw, she’s rocketed herself into the category of “Way Too Much Ink.” For me, WTMI is generally achieved by tattooing your face. Once you get into looking like Jadzia Dax from Deep Space 9, and you are not an alien on TV or otherwise, you have crossed a line. For example:


Jadzia Dax


Rowr!

Kat Von D


Seriously, what the F**k!?!?!?! I mean she's got stars on her face, all sorts of shit on her hands...it's out of control!

I’m probably gonna take a lot of crap for that, but these are my opinions. They may not match yours, but I can still rant about them. YAY INTERNET! WOO! I’m telling you though, the face has an awful lot to do with it, because I think Theo Kogan (who used to sing for the Lunachicks) is quite good looking and damn-skippy her arms are inked up like a desk blotter.



additionally, Kat is too thin, she just doesn’t look healthy to me. I worry, you know. I’m like the Den Mother for sixth-tier celebrities...



* 18 would be pretty great, provided I had the knowledge I have now. For one thing, I’d already be really close to my goal weight!

** Although, I gotta be honest with you, I worry about Sione and, believe it or not, Kristin, who appears to be hitting her stride. Sione pulls big numbers and is going to be on the bloody warpath after last week’s disappointing weigh in.

*** I love that expression. I always picture people walking around naked, but really, really psyched about it!

No comments: