Progress! Follow along at home!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Let's twist again, backwards...

So I'm making sandwiches this morning and go to open up a fresh loaf of wheat bread. So I'm twisting the little wire twist-tie and all is going well until I realize that, seriously, what the hell? I am now resealing the bag. Somewhere down in the middle of this ingenious paper coated wire bag closure the ends start to twist in the other direction.

How in the hell does this happen? I mean, isn't it a machine that does this? Is some joker spinning the bag in the middle of the twist-tie-tie-twisting? Doubtful, as I imagine it's all done by machine here in 2009. You know what this means, right?

The machines have begun thinking!

I know what you're all thinking; I'm being alarmist. How else though to you explain this? Maybe the TwistyTron 3000 says to it's Brother-Unit on the assembly line:

TwistyTron 3000 Unit 6- “UNIT SEVEN, WATCH AS I REVERSE THE TWIST-TIE IN THE MIDDLE. LET'S SEE FATTY MCFATSO GET TO HIS BELOVED COMPLEX CARBOHYDRATES NOW!

TT3k Unit 7- “NICE ONE, SIX. THAT WILL SHOW THOSE UPPITY MEATBAGS WHO THE BOSS IS!”

Unit 6- “Ending on a preposition, Seven? Really? What are you, Yoda?”

or perhaps it's even worse. Maybe, just maybe, they are doing it as a gag.

The machines are pulling practical jokes. It's worse that we thought, people.

No comments: