Progress! Follow along at home!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Avoiding Sandwich Guilt

I went to Quick Chek* last night for a sammich and was struck by an idea while using the snazzy touchscreen ordering system. If I was ordering a sandwich from the counterperson and I wanted, say, bacon or something, there’s the chance that I wouldn’t order it because I certainly don’t want the counterperson to say, “You? Bacon? Really?” and I would slouch away, unfulfilled and embarrassed. Now Am I really worried about this? No, but I thought, well, if I actually was, this was a superb out! I could order all sorts of things on my sammich and pick it up, with no judgment from the Lunchmeat Baristas.

I did not get the bacon. I know you were dying to know. I avoided Sandwich Guilt (or as I might say Sammich Guilt) by just getting the good stuff!


*Confession time: I did not realize the “Chek” part was spelled like this until well into my thirties. How in the hell do you miss something like that?

No comments: