Progress! Follow along at home!

Friday, June 13, 2008

It's a Sunshine Day-ay!

Greg, Bobby, Marsha! Come on in here! Sing along, Alice!

I think I’ll go for a walk outside now
The summer sun's callin’ my name
(I hear ya now)
I just can't stay inside all day
I gotta get out get me some of those rays
Everybody's smilin’
Sunshine day
Everybody's laughin’
Sunshine day!
Everybody seems so happy today
It's a sunshine day!!!


I had a great walk today. Got in the car and decided that the gym just was not going to cut it, so I drove to IHOP…

JUST KIDDING! HA! (I kill me…)

I drove down to the waterfront park and took my exercise outside! I went for a nice walk down by the bay, where the watermelons groooooooooooow! (Oooh, sorry, dropped right into Raffi again, didn’t I? I have a toddler, please forgive me.) Anyway, the bay was super nice today, despite being positively lousy with Horseshoe Crabs. I saw a lady turning them over, and after finding one alive, she put it back in the water. I actually think you’re not really supposed to do that, but then again, I’m not the one on the beach doing CSI: Lawrence Harbor on the corpses of various Horseshoe crabs.

I really should have brought the camera, because what a day it was! There’s something to be said for being at the bay when the sun comes up (I have gone in the dead of winter when that something is “F**K! IT’S FREEZING OUT HERE! WHAT WAS I THINKING? I CAN’T FEEL MY ASS!”) and that was “wow!” The sky was a flawless blue, and the sun glinted off the water as the ducks and other birds foraged for their breakfast. It was just the right temperature, and the sun felt wonderful on my pale skin. I will probably have a wee bit of color from this, so that’ll be nice.

Again, I wish I had brought my camera! Lots of photo ops today! Here’s some things I wish I had taken pictures of:

1) The aforementioned sun on the water thing. Splendid.
2) Some Horseshoe crabs would have been cool
3) You know those dandelion puffs? You blow on ‘em, and make a wish? Well there were a bunch there today that were about the size of a tangerine! I’m gonna go back tomorrow, camera in tow, because some of them still hadn’t opened yet. Seriously, they were huge.
4) A duck sticking his head up out of the water with the sun behind it, looked just like that one famous Loch Ness Monster picture. I could have started the Monster of Lawrence Harbor rumor! We could call him “Larry.” Think of the t-shirt revenue!

What I really liked about today was everyone was in such a good mood. Every person I passed was smiling and said “Hello” or “Good Morning” and I even got a few jaunty waves. I should have brought some hand weights but I can do that next time.

The smell of lilacs and other flowers was fantastic, but I’m paying for it now with allergies. Seriously, I sound like the spoken word part of your average Barry White song. On the plus side, maybe this will help me score with chicks (i.e. my wife, you knuckleheads!)!

No comments: