Progress! Follow along at home!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Week 56- 233 pounds. Slow and sweaty, erm, I mean steady...

Starting weight: 264.2
Weight last week: 235.0
Current weight: 233.0
Lost this week: -2
Total lost to date: 31.2

Goal for this week: 2 pounds

Goal Weight: 180

Weight remaining to lose: 53

OK, pretty good loss this week, all things considered. I knew I wanted to change things up, but didn’t intend on that meaning eating meat on a skewer like Tic-Tacs. The walking helped. I have had some good listening material lately though to keep me going.

There’s three new Torchwood radio plays that aired in the UK last week. In this age of digital wonders, they are available through alternate means than living in the UK and tuning into the radio or via the BBCs Iplayer. They are very good, and while they don’t think they will affect the continuity of the new mini series Torchwood: Children of Earth (airing this week in the UK on BBC1, or on BBC America starting 7/20) they are nice character pieces. It’s nice to see P.C. Andy and Rhys get in on the action a little. Ianto, especially, gets a very stirring bit where he speaks to Jack while he’s in a coma*, and it’s almost enough to get you a little misty.

Also, I could listen to Eve Myles talk all day. Seriously, the Welsh accent is enchanting! I can’t take my ears off her.**

Also I just got done with a BBC radio adaptation of Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury that was really great. Great performances all around, and it was quite tense near the end. I think there were two people who had been in Doctor Who in it as well. I’m 99% sure the Fire Captain was, at least. The gent who played Montag I know I have heard somewhere else.

If you’d like to download it for yourself it’s here.

I’m also in the middle of the post-apocalyptic story On the Beach. It’s good, but it’s a wee bit depressing. It takes place in Melbourne, Australia after an atomic war and how basically, life goes on for what is probably the last group of people on the planet who estimate that they have, at best, about 6 months to live before the radiation clouds make their way Down Under. Not exactly a cheery tale so far, but pretty darned engrossing.

That’s all for now. By the way I am happy to report the Ab Roller I got for Father’s day is pretty cool. I think it’s effective, I mean I sure can feel it in my abdominals when I am using it, but I have no visual proof yet. My only complaint is that it’s hard to store. I have an idea, however, that just might be crazy enough to work.




*not a spoiler, really, being that that’s pretty much the basis of the whole episode.
** before anyone gets the wrong idea, I’d also listen to a program called “David Tennant Reads the Cardiff Telephone Directory in His Regular Scot Accent.” I could probably be lulled off to sleep by that, actually.

No comments: