Progress! Follow along at home!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's a thintervention!

I see people on Facebook all the time talking about how unrealistic the Biggest Loser is because "well, all they do is work out and sleep. I could do that too if all I did was work out and sleep!*" and "us Regular People" can't do that.

You may not be able to do what they do on the show exactly, but I didn't and I'm almost at 40 pounds. My wife didn't and she's well past fifty pounds. However, the "Regular People" stick to their tired excuses that it's "too extreme" to be realistic.

Of course they have to do extreme measures to get the weight off. These people are killing themselves and need to be shocked into shape. It's like going into a drug treatment. It's food rehab. It's life rehab.

These people are extreme cases. you don't get to 450 pounds by having McDonald's once in a while. You get to that by eating it every day. It's a lifestyle that is being altered. It's either you... get your crap together, work out for the 8 hours a day you need to in order to drop this weight, or, quite simply, you *die.*

That's the reality I was faced with and sure as shootin', if you change your eating habits and you get up and sweat, things change. My Mom dying lit a fire under me and I swore I was not going to remain a fat and unhealthy man for the rest of my life. I know you can't turn back the clock, but you can not set it so far ahead, you know?

The "Regular People" brigade all poo-poo the idea of doing it easily at home, but damn it all, Danny lost an additional FIFTY NINE pounds in two months at home. I don't even have that much more to go, so that's inspiring.

Which brings me to our BL update.

We're in the Final Four with Danny, Rudy, Amanda and Liz. there's a few things I wanted to say at this point:
- Danny is starting to turn into like, Rock Hudson or something.
- Rudy's wife is smokin' hot.
- I feel a little bad for Liz due to her situation.
- I'm staring to think Amanda has it in her
- Kudos to Jillian for calling Rudy out last week for sending my girl (or, more specifically Danny's girl) Rebecca home because she was a bigger threat.

So, we saw how the contestants dealt with being home. Before they got to run what has become the OMFG moment of their lives, the 26.2 mile Marathon, Bob and Jillian showed up and checked up on them and beat em up for a little while, and that's always fun!

They all finished the Marathon with Liz and Danny coming in last, at about 7 hours. Seriously though? You have to hand it to all 4 of these folks and Rudy ran the whole damn way.

Then the weigh in. Liz and Amanda banged out a very respectable 16 pounds each while Rudy did something insane in the 40s and Danny just Godzilla-ed* his way through the competition with 59 pounds, losing almost a pound a freaking day while he was home.

Thus, Amanda and Liz are below the yellow line. OK. Look, I like Liz just fine, but how can you deny America's Choice? Vote Amanda!

You have until 3PM.


Vote


* Yes, I just made it a verb. So what?


No comments: